Sunday, June 28, 2009

Dolphins at Dog Beach



Jasmine and I set out for the Coronado bridge and traveled through the City of Coronado this morning to run on Dog Beach. We got off to a bit of a late start. I like to be there by 7:30 am. It is nice and cool and there aren't so many people there yet. It turns out that our timing was perfect! As I was throwing Jasmine's fetch toy into the water for her, I saw two dolphins arching up on the surface of the water then diving down again. Woooo Hoooo! I love to see dolphins. There must have been some good fishing right where they were swimming. The sea birds were diving into the ocean very near the dolphins. I tried to get a picture, but they kept going under water just as I would shoot. They swam south soon after and I only have the memory to share with you. If there are more dolphins swimming near the shore as the summer goes on, I will be sure to try for a good picture to share with you. The photos above are of Jasmine at Dog Beach another day.

1 comment:

  1. Way to blog! No stopping you now thanks for sharing dog beach and your dolphin siting.

    ReplyDelete