Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Very Cool New Ring!




Nearly every day for the last 12 years, I have walked three miles with my lifelong friend, Shirley. Just this past year, I began picking up rusted pieces of, well whatever looks interesting. Mostly nuts, bolts and other interesting looking objects.  I have quite a nice selection now. Inspired by the work of Susan Lenart Kazmer and Kate McKinnon, I made my first piece of jewelry. A very cool ring came of my latest find. A small anodized aluminum straining spoon. It is a little satellite disk shape with holes. You can see where the handle was attached. It is aqua on the scoop side and raw aluminum silver on the back. Using a beaded ring I made a few months ago, one of Heather Trimlett’s beads and some drops, I stitched this ring together using Fireline®. Then I added an anodized aluminum ring to the back, stitched on, and voila!!! A Very Cool New Ring! I wore it to dinner last night. Bright, Happy, Silly. Way too much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment