Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Day of Art and Family

Last weekend, I spent Saturday morning with my granddaughter, Rita. It was her 15th birthday. We went shoe shopping, then she had a beautiful Henna design put on her hand while I had my eyebrows threaded. The design was so beautiful on her. A small work of art to wear on your skin! Rita took me to sushi for lunch after. What a great kid! It is no wonder, my daughter, Jenni is her mom. She is a wonderful artist and an all around amazing person!

San Diego is rich with beauty and inspiration. Sunday, my daughter, Jenni and eldest granddaughter, Chloe' and I spent the entire day taking in art! We went to the San Diego Museum of Art to see the Calder Jewelry exhibit. I love how he used swirling shapes of hammered wire to create quite large and bold pieces. I am crazy about swirls and
large jewelry does not frighten me at all as many of you know from seeing me wear my own wearable art pieces.
Chloe' put the camera on black & white to capture the shadows cast
by this amazing Calder sculpture just outside the museum doors.
She had her mom and me pose with the sculptures and shot some really great pictures!
Lunch in the Sculpture Garden Restaraunt, next door to the museum was great! After Balboa Park, we were off to Dick Blick in the Little Italy section of San Diego to shop for art supplies. Jenni is working on her MFA at Cuyamacha College while her daughter is working on general ed classes at the same college. I love that my daughter and granddaughter are going to college together.

No comments:

Post a Comment