Friday, February 26, 2010

Felt At The 2011 Beach House Bead Retreat

I learned Nuno Felting, from Arlene Watson's two day Nuno Felt class. Arlene's studio is quite near my house. How Convenient! Nuno is the the art of fusing roving to fabric. The result is a sturdy and beautiful piece of nicely felted fabric. Arlene will be teaching a one day Nuno Felted Clutch Purse class at my 2011 San Diego Beach House Retreat.
Some people may want to use the skills learned in this class to create a different project. I am quite flexible when it comes to art projects. So we will explore other uses for the Nuno Felted fabric techniques we will have learned from Arlene. After all, felt can be cut, folded, beaded and turned into so many things! I will cover needle felting techniques and embellishing with beads and sequins during the rest of our stay at the Beach House. After all , the Beach House Bead Retreat is a vacation as well as a workshop.

The Hot Pink & Orange Bracelet with the Aqua ball clasp is made from one of the Nuno Felted pieces from the class I took at Arlene's studio. I love this Cuff. I need more in different colors. Today, I decided to devote most of the day to working on felt in my studio. I raised both tables up to counter height, pushed them together and against the window. Now there was lots of space to do some felting. Some of the pieces on my table were made when I took a workshop at Arlene's studio. Every time I work in my new studio, I am so grateful to have this beautiful, versitile space. Here are a couple pictures of the studio. Felting in there today was so great!


1 comment:

  1. looks like a fantastic time ..

    beading & felting .. we want in ... 0)

    glad to find you through Rashan ..
    mona & the girls ..

    ReplyDelete