Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Much Ado About Palm Trees



Three big trucks rolled onto my street and around to the house behind me yesterday. So unusual for our little cul de sac. What's going on? The neighbors have magnificent date palms in their yard and they were getting trimmed.

These trees are at least 80 to 100 ft. tall!














It required a cherry picker to get the workmen up that high. It was quite noisy, but really interesting to me. I had to get a few shots with my new camera. These trees have been part of the view out the back door for the 12 years I have lived here. I love seeing the fronds waving in the breeze. They look amazing now that all the dead branches are off. Apparently this tree had to go. Not a date palm. It was very close to my neighbor's wall. Maybe it was cracking the foundation. You can see the perspective with the rooftop and chimney and air vents in front of the worker cutting pieces of the tall palm bit by bit. Large bits!
Florida West Coast Bead Society

Speaking of palm trees...Back to work for me. I am preparing to leave in the morning for Sarasota, Florida. I will be teaching for the Florida West Coast Bead Society Friday, Saturday & Sunday. What fun!!! Below is the information the bead society put into the Herald Tribune.
Florida West Coast Bead Society Sponsored Classes
Friday, Mar 4 9:00a
at South Gate Community Center, Sarasota, FL
Florida West Coast Bead Society is sponsoring classes on March 4th, 5th and 6th by nationally known bead artist Jeannette Cook. Please visit her website: www.beadyeyedwomen.com to view her wonderful work. Area beaders are invited to participate. Please call 941-266-4064 or email flwestcoastbeadsociety@gmail. read more
Categories: Arts & Crafts, Workshops & Classes
Creator: mijodi

2 comments:

  1. Have fun in FLA! Your photos look good! What kind of camera did you get? I'm still looking but liked Kate's camera a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb, what a website it is! This weblog presents helpful information to us, keep it up.


    my homepage :: acoustic guitar a chord

    ReplyDelete